What is a Strain?
A strain is an injury to a muscle. With a Lumbar Strain, one or more of the muscles around the lower back and pelvis are overstretched or torn.
What is a Sprain?
A Sprain is the Over stretching of a Ligament.
- Grade 1 = 7 days to 4 Weeks
- Grade 2 =2 weeks to 1 year
- Grade 3 = 8 weeks to 1 year
- Direct Trauma; Falls/ Road Traffic Accident / Sports Injury
- Repetitive micro trauma
- Sudden unguarded movement; bending/twisting/lifting
- Poor posture
- Sitting in the same position for longer periods of time
- Severe cough
- Muscle imbalance
- Previous injury
- Leg length inequality
- Muscle deconditioning
Signs & Symptoms
- Pain around the lower back and upper buttocks
- Low back muscle spasm
- Pain associated with activity and ease at rest